U.S. Supreme Court Justice John Roberts, in a memo to Fred F. Fielding, White House Counsel, dated dated October 3, 1983, wrote:
Setting a term of, say, 15 years would ensure that federal judges would not lose all touch with reality through decades of ivory tower existence. It would also provide a more regular and greater degree of turnover among the judges.
Take a position. Do you agree or disagree that federal judges should serve lifetime terms?
First, title your post either “Lifetime Appointments Are Acceptable” or “Term Limits Should Be Set.”
Then, using the information gained in this module and the resources noted above, make your case. What are the pros and cons of lifetime appointments? Of term limits? Be sure to build your case with factual resources.
In your response to your peers, consider how well they justified their position, making use of available resources. Consider the following questions in your response posts:
Did they support their position convincingly with appropriate resources?
Which of their points make the most sense to you, even if you made a case for the opposing viewpoint?
Hemmens, C., Brody, D. C., & Spohn, C. (2020). Criminal courts: A contemporary perspective, 4e. Thousand Oaks, CA: SAGE Publications, Inc.White House Memorandum. (1983, October 3). Retrieved from https://digitalcommons.law.scu.edu/cgi/viewcontent.cgi?article=1110&context=historical
To complete this assignment, review the Discussion Rubric document.
Your active participation in the discussions is essential to your overall success this term. Discussion questions will help you make meaningful connections between the course content and the larger concepts of the course. These discussions give you a chance to express your own thoughts, ask questions, and gain insight from your peers and instructor.
For each discussion, you must create one initial post and follow up with at least two response posts.
For your initial post, do the following:
Write a post of 1 to 2 paragraphs.
Consider content from other parts of the course where appropriate. Use proper citation methods for your discipline when referencing scholarly or popular sources.
Why Choose Us
- 100% non-plagiarized Papers
- 24/7 /365 Service Available
- Affordable Prices
- Any Paper, Urgency, and Subject
- Will complete your papers in 6 hours
- On-time Delivery
- Money-back and Privacy guarantees
- Unlimited Amendments upon request
- Satisfaction guarantee
How it Works
- Click on the “Place Order” tab at the top menu or “Order Now” icon at the bottom and a new page will appear with an order form to be filled.
- Fill in your paper’s requirements in the "PAPER DETAILS" section.
- Fill in your paper’s academic level, deadline, and the required number of pages from the drop-down menus.
- Click “CREATE ACCOUNT & SIGN IN” to enter your registration details and get an account with us for record-keeping and then, click on “PROCEED TO CHECKOUT” at the bottom of the page.
- From there, the payment sections will show, follow the guided payment process and your order will be available for our writing team to work on it.