Attracting and Staffing
Attraction-Selection-Attrition (ASA) Framework
Like human beings, organizations have a unique personality. The Attraction-Selection-Attrition frameworkexplains
that potential employees will be attracted to organizations whose
cultures match their own personality. Ultimately, there needs to be a
reciprocal match between the employee and the organization. As a
practical example, Southwest Airlines became the airline industry’s most
successful firm by hiring people with positive attitudes and well-honed
interpersonal skills, including a sense of humor. At Timberland, senior
applicants go through a day of community service with executives.
People who do not fit with the organization will be unhappy which will
lead to attrition. As a result, it is better to “filter out” the misfits
before they are hired.
Drawing on the material in the background readings and doing
additional research, please prepare a 3-4 page paper (not including the
cover and reference pages) in which you:
Research the culture of an organization that you are familiar with.
Next, what kind of employee would prefer to work at that organization
and why? How does the organization attract new employees?As an HR Staffing Specialist, how would you apply the ASA Framework to your organization?
Your paper will be evaluated on the following points:
Precision – Does the paper address the question(s) or task(s)?Clarity – Is the writing clear and the concepts articulated
properly? Are paraphrasing and synthesis of concepts the primary means
of response to the questions, or are excessive use of quotations how
thoughts are conveyed? Are headings included in all papers greater than
2 pages?Breadth – Is the full breadth of the subject addressed?Depth – Does the paper address the topic in sufficient depth?Grammar, spelling and vocabulary – Is the paper written well – is
the grammar, spelling, and vocabulary suitable to graduate level work?Referencing (citations and references) – Does the paper use citations and quotation marks when appropriate? Critical thinking – Is the subject thought about critically, i.e., accurately, logically, relevantly, and precisely?
Attracting and Staffing
De Cooman, Rein; Gieter, Sara De; Pepermans, Roland; Hermans,
Sabrina; Bois, Cindy Du; Caers, Ralf; Jegers, Marc. (2009).
Person–organization fit: Testing socialization and
attraction–selection–attrition hypotheses. Journal of Vocational
Behavior, ISSN 0001-8791, 2009, Volume 74, Issue 1, pp. 102 – 107.
Schaubroeck, John; Ganster, Daniel C; Jones, James R (1998).
Organization and Occupation Influences in the
Attraction-Selection-Attrition Process. Journal of Applied Psychology,
ISSN 0021-9010, 12/1998, Volume 83, Issue 6, pp. 869 – 891.
Ployhart, Robert E; Weekley, Jeff A; Baughman, Kathryn. (2006). The
Structure and Function of Human Capital Emergence: A Multilevel
Examination of the Attraction-Selection-Attrition Model. The Academy of
Management Journal, ISSN 0001-4273, 08/2006, Volume 49, Issue 4, pp. 661
Lonnie Golden; Julia R Henly; Susan Lambert. (2013). Work Schedule
Flexibility: A Contributor to Happiness? Journal of Social Research
& Policy, ISSN 2067-2640, 12/2013, Volume 4, Issue 2, pp. 10-41.
Why Choose Us
- 100% non-plagiarized Papers
- 24/7 /365 Service Available
- Affordable Prices
- Any Paper, Urgency, and Subject
- Will complete your papers in 6 hours
- On-time Delivery
- Money-back and Privacy guarantees
- Unlimited Amendments upon request
- Satisfaction guarantee
How it Works
- Click on the “Place Order” tab at the top menu or “Order Now” icon at the bottom and a new page will appear with an order form to be filled.
- Fill in your paper’s requirements in the "PAPER DETAILS" section.
- Fill in your paper’s academic level, deadline, and the required number of pages from the drop-down menus.
- Click “CREATE ACCOUNT & SIGN IN” to enter your registration details and get an account with us for record-keeping and then, click on “PROCEED TO CHECKOUT” at the bottom of the page.
- From there, the payment sections will show, follow the guided payment process and your order will be available for our writing team to work on it.