“Baroque Style” Please respond to one (1) of the following, using sources under the Explore heading as the basis of your response:
Listen to one (1) composition that demonstrates the qualities of the
Baroque musical style. It may be from the Websites below or from this
week’s Music Folder. Identify your choice, and describe it by relating
key terms from the textbook to your selection. Explain what you like or
admire about the work. Compare it to a modern soundtrack or song that
evokes a similar mood. Select two (2) Baroque style paintings from the Websites below that
no other student has selected. Identify each as to artist, date, and
title or description. From the summaries of the Baroque style’s features
in our class text, identify specific key aspects of each painting that
fit the Baroque style. Explain why you selected each and what you like
or dislike about it. Compare this style to a modern film, type of film,
or to a modern situation.
Monteverdi and Vivaldi
Chapter 21 (pp. 707-710), Baroque music and composers; review the Week 1 “Music Folder” Monteverdi’s Orfeo http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8ll_u870PG8 (lyrics with translation: http://introtomusicdeanza.wordpress.com/class-resources/examples-baroque/)Vivaldi’s “Spring” from Vivaldi: A Man For All Seasons at http://www.npr.org/2011/07/18/104868631/vivaldi-a-man-for-all-seasons and http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aFHPRi0ZeXE (background and lyric translation at http://www.baroquemusic.org/vivaldiseasons.html)
Baroque Visual Arts
Chapter 21 (pp. 689-691; 701-703) and Chapter 22 (pp. 715-720;
726-735); Baroque style and its characteristics; Baroque in the northBaroque samples at https://www.khanacademy.org/humanities/monarchy-enlightenment/baroque-art1/beginners-guide-baroque1/a/baroque-art-in-europe-an-introduction; (also seehttp://www.artinthepicture.com/styles/Baroque/ and click on the names of the artists to see their works)Examples of Baroque paintings from the Rijksmuseum in Amsterdam at https://www.rijksmuseum.nl/en/explore-the-collection/styles/baroque (click on images; go full-screen; click “i” for info on the artist and date and painting)
Why Choose Us
- 100% non-plagiarized Papers
- 24/7 /365 Service Available
- Affordable Prices
- Any Paper, Urgency, and Subject
- Will complete your papers in 6 hours
- On-time Delivery
- Money-back and Privacy guarantees
- Unlimited Amendments upon request
- Satisfaction guarantee
How it Works
- Click on the “Place Order” tab at the top menu or “Order Now” icon at the bottom and a new page will appear with an order form to be filled.
- Fill in your paper’s requirements in the "PAPER DETAILS" section.
- Fill in your paper’s academic level, deadline, and the required number of pages from the drop-down menus.
- Click “CREATE ACCOUNT & SIGN IN” to enter your registration details and get an account with us for record-keeping and then, click on “PROCEED TO CHECKOUT” at the bottom of the page.
- From there, the payment sections will show, follow the guided payment process and your order will be available for our writing team to work on it.