just need help on this test the tutoring center is closed and my test is due tomorrow please helpChem 111 Test 3
Balance each of the following oxidation–reduction reactions by using the oxidation states
a. Cl2(g) + Al(s) → Al3+(aq) + Cl-(aq)
b. O2(g) + H2O(l) + Pb(s) → Pb(OH)2(s)
c. H+(aq) + MnO4-(aq) + Fe2+(aq) → Mn2+(aq) + Fe3+(aq) + H2O(l)
Derive the ideal gas law PV = nRT from Boyles’, Charles’ and Avogadro’s Laws. Please
provide explanation for your steps.
We state that the ideal gas law tends to hold best at low pressures and high temperatures.
Show how the Van der Waals equation simplifies to the ideal gas law under these
Define state function. Compose a list of state functions in thermodynamics, and then
define each term in the list.
Read sections 6.5 and 6.6 (Present Sources of Energy and New Energy Sources). Do
research on the internet and identify what you believe to be the most promising type of
fuel cell currently under development and study. Explain what a fuel cell is and how it
works. Then explain why the application that you chose is the most promising and
Silane, SiH4, is the silicon analogue of methane, CH4. It is prepared industrially
according to the following equations:
Si(s) + 3HCl(g) → HSiCl3(l) + H2(g)
4HSiCl3(l) → SiH4(g) + 3SiCl4(l)
a. If 156 mL HSiCl3(l) (d=1.34 g/mL) is isolated when 15.0 L HCl at 10.0 atm and 35°C
is used, what is the percent yield of HSiCl3(l)?
b. When 156 mL HSiCl3 is heated, what volume of SiH4 at 10.0 atm and 35°C will be
obtained if the percent yield of the reaction is 93.1%?
The Ostwald process for the commercial production of nitric acid from ammonia and
oxygen involves the following steps:
4NH3(g) + 5O2(g) → 4NO(g) + 6H2O(g)
2NO(g) + O2(g) → 2NO2(g)
3NO2(g) + H2O(l) → 2HNO3(aq) + NO(g)
a. Use the values of ΔHf° in Appendix 4 to calculate the value of ΔH for each of the
b. Write the overall equation for the production of nitric acid by the Ostwald process by
combining the preceding equations. (Water is also a product.) Is the overall reaction
exothermic or endothermic?
For the following reactions at constant pressure, predict if ΔH>ΔE, ΔH
Purchase answer to see full
Why Choose Us
- 100% non-plagiarized Papers
- 24/7 /365 Service Available
- Affordable Prices
- Any Paper, Urgency, and Subject
- Will complete your papers in 6 hours
- On-time Delivery
- Money-back and Privacy guarantees
- Unlimited Amendments upon request
- Satisfaction guarantee
How it Works
- Click on the “Place Order” tab at the top menu or “Order Now” icon at the bottom and a new page will appear with an order form to be filled.
- Fill in your paper’s requirements in the "PAPER DETAILS" section.
- Fill in your paper’s academic level, deadline, and the required number of pages from the drop-down menus.
- Click “CREATE ACCOUNT & SIGN IN” to enter your registration details and get an account with us for record-keeping and then, click on “PROCEED TO CHECKOUT” at the bottom of the page.
- From there, the payment sections will show, follow the guided payment process and your order will be available for our writing team to work on it.