Please prepare a response to each of the items below and then schedule a Skype session with your faculty during the first week of the class. In this interaction you will discuss concepts regarding competency and theory in MFT, research and ethical foundations of MFT theories, and the philosophical foundations of MFT theories (Gehart, 2014). To help lay the foundation for your study of Classic Models of MFT, prepare to discuss the following (your faculty member will guide the discussion to focus in on her or his concepts of choice):Competency and Theory in MFT: How does one get from trainee to seasoned MFT? What is so important about theory? What does it mean to be competent as a MFT?Research and ethical foundations of MFT theories: What do we learn from the “common factors” research? Why is evidence-based practice important? What makes ethical principles more than just rules?Philosophical foundations of MFT theories: What are the systemic principles that provide the foundation for the MFT field? What is “social constructionism”? Consult with your professor about selection of a personal model of MFT.Additionally, find one concept that you do not fully understand and discuss this concept with your professor in order to gain an understanding of it.
In addition to covering these areas, you can address any questions you have about the syllabus and the assignments for this course. You can make arrangements for this meeting with your professor via e-mail. If it is not possible to schedule a Skype appointment, you may seek approval from your professor to submit this as a Word document or a video recorded message.
1.0 Articulate the primary concepts of the classic and intergenerational models of Marriage and Family Therapy.
8.0 Develop the foundation of your own personal model of therapy.
Gehart, D. R. (2014) Mastering competencies in family therapy Read Chapters 1, 2, 3
ArticlesReferenceInstructionStanton, M., & Welsh, R. (2012). Systemic thinking in couple and family psychology research and practice.http://proxy1.ncu.edu/login?url=http://search.ebscohost.com/login.aspx?direct=true&db=pdh&AN=2012-07115-003&site=eds-liveRead Article
Document/OtherReferenceInstructionPowerPoint – Chapter 1 Intro MCFTChapter 1 Intro MCFT.pptxView PowerPointPowerPoint – Chapter 2 Research and Ethics MCFTChapter 2 Research and Ethics MCFT.pptxView PowerPointPowerPoint – Chapter 3 Phil Foundations MCFTChapter 3 Phil Foundations MCFT.pptxView PowerPoint
Why Choose Us
- 100% non-plagiarized Papers
- 24/7 /365 Service Available
- Affordable Prices
- Any Paper, Urgency, and Subject
- Will complete your papers in 6 hours
- On-time Delivery
- Money-back and Privacy guarantees
- Unlimited Amendments upon request
- Satisfaction guarantee
How it Works
- Click on the “Place Order” tab at the top menu or “Order Now” icon at the bottom and a new page will appear with an order form to be filled.
- Fill in your paper’s requirements in the "PAPER DETAILS" section.
- Fill in your paper’s academic level, deadline, and the required number of pages from the drop-down menus.
- Click “CREATE ACCOUNT & SIGN IN” to enter your registration details and get an account with us for record-keeping and then, click on “PROCEED TO CHECKOUT” at the bottom of the page.
- From there, the payment sections will show, follow the guided payment process and your order will be available for our writing team to work on it.