For this discussion, you will enter into a conversation on another ongoing controversy and contemporary issue regarding abnormal psychology. Specifically, should gender dysphoria be included as a diagnosis in the DSM-5? It is absolutely essential that you view the required video and read the required article and your instructor’s initial post before participating in this discussion.As you enter into this conversation, carefully consider the historical information you read regarding the rationale behind excluding the DSM-IV-TR diagnosis of gender identity disorder from the DSM-5. Then, take a moment to relate this historical background to the current ethical, clinical, and social controversies regarding gender dysphoria and the DSM-5. Analyze this controversy within the context of how clinicians ethically identify and treat psychiatric conditions. Be sure to integrate knowledge of any appropriate cultural considerations psychologist must be aware of when diagnosing gender dysphoria. Must be 450-500 words.Chong, Y. W. (2012). Beyond the gender binary: Yee Won Chong at TEDxRainier [Video file]. Retrieved from http://tedxtalks.ted.com/video/Beyond-the-Gender-Binary-Yee-Wo
Why Choose Us
- 100% non-plagiarized Papers
- 24/7 /365 Service Available
- Affordable Prices
- Any Paper, Urgency, and Subject
- Will complete your papers in 6 hours
- On-time Delivery
- Money-back and Privacy guarantees
- Unlimited Amendments upon request
- Satisfaction guarantee
How it Works
- Click on the “Place Order” tab at the top menu or “Order Now” icon at the bottom and a new page will appear with an order form to be filled.
- Fill in your paper’s requirements in the "PAPER DETAILS" section.
- Fill in your paper’s academic level, deadline, and the required number of pages from the drop-down menus.
- Click “CREATE ACCOUNT & SIGN IN” to enter your registration details and get an account with us for record-keeping and then, click on “PROCEED TO CHECKOUT” at the bottom of the page.
- From there, the payment sections will show, follow the guided payment process and your order will be available for our writing team to work on it.