please write a small paper that addresses
a current event in the news that is related to the principles of management.
Current event can be taken from cable news broadcasts (e.g., CNN and MSNBC),
newspapers (e.g., Wall Street Journal), and peer review journals (e.g., Academy
of Management journals).
words or one page for each paper. in APA formatPlease have a look at
this sample, which I got from another tutor. I want a different news this time.Running head: PRINCIPLES OF MANAGEMENT (UNILEVER)
Principles of Management (UNILEVER)
PRINCIPLES OF MANAGEMENT (UNILEVER)
Principles of management are useful in managing organizations and are crucial tools for
planning, making of decisions, control, forecasting, coordination, and process and organization
Taking into consideration the Guardian article Unilever CEO Paul Polman – the optimistic
pessimist we can get several principles of management used by the CEO Paul Polman in
managing unilever.one of the principles is initiative, the ability of being able to express ones
ideas. Paul Polman expresses his idea of wanting to expand his company into the United States,
In the article that largely talks about Unilever company the principle of management unity of
direction is greatly seen in the company. The company has a goal and that is to expand and the
CEO believes that Unilever has a right to lead in key topics. The CEO hopes to end the use of
coal in the production of their products and incorporate renewable energy, this is one of the goals
that show us the direction the company is headed to
The company has a sense of authority and responsibility which is also one of the principles of
management. This is demonstrated by Paul the CEO is as he shares what he has led the company
to achieve under his management one by encouraging long term perspective by stopping that
quarterly updates of the company stocks
There is also unity of command in the organisation.
PRINCIPLES OF MANAGEMENT (UNILEVER)
At the topmost we can see that Paul the CEO has led the workers in achieving a healthier
lifestyle for themselves. The articles says that the company launched a sustainable living plan
and all the staff agreed to cut on calories
There is also a good degree of centralisation. For such a large company to perform properly and
effectively there is need for proper centralisation. The position of CEO is a perfect example of
centralisation in Unilever.
Wren, D. A., Bedeian, A. G. , Breeze, J. D. (2002). The foundations of Henri Fayol’s
administrative theory. Management Decision, Vol. 40 Iss: 9, pp.906 – 918 state
Purchase answer to see full
Why Choose Us
- 100% non-plagiarized Papers
- 24/7 /365 Service Available
- Affordable Prices
- Any Paper, Urgency, and Subject
- Will complete your papers in 6 hours
- On-time Delivery
- Money-back and Privacy guarantees
- Unlimited Amendments upon request
- Satisfaction guarantee
How it Works
- Click on the “Place Order” tab at the top menu or “Order Now” icon at the bottom and a new page will appear with an order form to be filled.
- Fill in your paper’s requirements in the "PAPER DETAILS" section.
- Fill in your paper’s academic level, deadline, and the required number of pages from the drop-down menus.
- Click “CREATE ACCOUNT & SIGN IN” to enter your registration details and get an account with us for record-keeping and then, click on “PROCEED TO CHECKOUT” at the bottom of the page.
- From there, the payment sections will show, follow the guided payment process and your order will be available for our writing team to work on it.