Respond to the following in a minimum of 175 words:
Models help us describe and summarize relationships between variables. Understanding how process variables relate to each other helps businesses predict and improve performance. For example, a marketing manager might be interested in modeling the relationship between advertisement expenditures and sales revenues.
Consider the dataset below and respond to the questions that follow:
Advertisement ($’000) Sales ($’000)
Construct a scatter plot with this data.
Do you observe a relationship between both variables?
Use Excel to fit a linear regression line to the data. What is the fitted regression model? (Hint: You can follow the steps outlined in Fitting a Regression on a Scatter Plot on page 497 of the textbook.)
What is the slope? What does the slope tell us?Is the slope significant?
What is the intercept? Is it meaningful?
What is the value of the regression coefficient,r? What is the value of the coefficient of determination, r^2? What does r^2 tell us?
Use the model to predict sales and the business spends $950,000 in an advertisement. Does the model underestimate or overestimate sales?
Why Choose Us
- 100% non-plagiarized Papers
- 24/7 /365 Service Available
- Affordable Prices
- Any Paper, Urgency, and Subject
- Will complete your papers in 6 hours
- On-time Delivery
- Money-back and Privacy guarantees
- Unlimited Amendments upon request
- Satisfaction guarantee
How it Works
- Click on the “Place Order” tab at the top menu or “Order Now” icon at the bottom and a new page will appear with an order form to be filled.
- Fill in your paper’s requirements in the "PAPER DETAILS" section.
- Fill in your paper’s academic level, deadline, and the required number of pages from the drop-down menus.
- Click “CREATE ACCOUNT & SIGN IN” to enter your registration details and get an account with us for record-keeping and then, click on “PROCEED TO CHECKOUT” at the bottom of the page.
- From there, the payment sections will show, follow the guided payment process and your order will be available for our writing team to work on it.