Option #1: Analysis of Payton Furniture Corp.Payton Furniture Corp. is nationally recognized for making high-quality products. Management is concerned that the company is not fully exploiting its brand power. Payton’s production managers are also concerned because their plants are not operating at near full capacity. Management is currently considering a proposal to offer a new line of affordable furniture.Those in favor of the proposal (including the vice president of production) believe that, by offering these new products, the company could attract a clientele that it is not currently servicing. It could also operate its plants at full capacity, thus taking better advantage of its assets.The vice president of marketing, however, believes that the lower-priced (and lower-margin) product would have a negative impact on the sales of existing products. The vice president believes that $10,000,000 of the sales of the new product will be from customers that would have purchased the more expensive product but switched to the lower-margin product because it was available. (This is often referred to as cannibalization of existing sales.) Top management feels, however, that even with cannibalization, the company’s sales will increase and the company will be better off.The following data are available:(In Thousands)Current ResultsProposed Results without CannibalizationProposed Results with CannibalizationSales Revenue$45,000$60,000$50,000Net Income$12,000$13,000$12,000Average total assets$100,000$100,000$100,000Instructions:Compute Payton’s return on assets, profit margin, and asset turnover, both with and without the new product line.Discuss the implications that your findings in part (A) have on Payton’s decision.Are there any other options that Payton should consider? What impact would each of these have on the above ratios?Show your work and use MS Excel or Word for your submission. The written portion of your assignment should be 4-6 pages in length with document and citation formatting conformity with the CSU-Global Guide to Writing and APA Requirements.
Why Choose Us
- 100% non-plagiarized Papers
- 24/7 /365 Service Available
- Affordable Prices
- Any Paper, Urgency, and Subject
- Will complete your papers in 6 hours
- On-time Delivery
- Money-back and Privacy guarantees
- Unlimited Amendments upon request
- Satisfaction guarantee
How it Works
- Click on the “Place Order” tab at the top menu or “Order Now” icon at the bottom and a new page will appear with an order form to be filled.
- Fill in your paper’s requirements in the "PAPER DETAILS" section.
- Fill in your paper’s academic level, deadline, and the required number of pages from the drop-down menus.
- Click “CREATE ACCOUNT & SIGN IN” to enter your registration details and get an account with us for record-keeping and then, click on “PROCEED TO CHECKOUT” at the bottom of the page.
- From there, the payment sections will show, follow the guided payment process and your order will be available for our writing team to work on it.