After studying the assigned reading, Sociology: The Social Construction of Gender,
considering the concept of “gender as socially constructed,” answer the
following questions and prompts. A) How does media create meanings
about gender? B) Provide examples of how this is manifested in our
everyday lives. C) Provide a link to a commercial/ad that stereotypes
gender. Even though it is natural to find humor in some of these
portrayals, in what ways is this problematic.
consider that sex is a system of classification based on biology and
physiology, while gender reflects the cultural meaning that is ascribed
to a person’s sex, thus resulting in labels of “masculinity and
femininity.” Furthermore, our biology is not distinctively male or
female and a significant number of people are born “intersex” with
variations in chromosomes or sexual organs. Most biological researchers
agree on the estimation that intersex people are about as common as
encountering someone with green eyes. It is important to understand that
masculinity and femininity are not oppositional, although it seems to
be portrayed so in media. In Western society (such as in the U.S. and
Western Europe) we typically adhere to certain ideas and values that
define masculinity and femininity as we perform the roles. What if the
list was different? All of us, in honesty, could reveal that we
interchange among the qualities. Take a look at the list and answer the
answers to the following questions or prompts in your assignment
submission. D) How is the list being currently challenged? E) What
traits do you have that are typically considered “on the list” of the
other sex? F) What examples do you see in your daily life of people
challenging the historic list? G) What about examples in media of
characters or people challenging the list?
Finally, do you agree or disagree that gender is socially constructed? Provide evidence that backs your opinion. Make in text citations where necessary, and cite any outside sources that you use.
Why Choose Us
- 100% non-plagiarized Papers
- 24/7 /365 Service Available
- Affordable Prices
- Any Paper, Urgency, and Subject
- Will complete your papers in 6 hours
- On-time Delivery
- Money-back and Privacy guarantees
- Unlimited Amendments upon request
- Satisfaction guarantee
How it Works
- Click on the “Place Order” tab at the top menu or “Order Now” icon at the bottom and a new page will appear with an order form to be filled.
- Fill in your paper’s requirements in the "PAPER DETAILS" section.
- Fill in your paper’s academic level, deadline, and the required number of pages from the drop-down menus.
- Click “CREATE ACCOUNT & SIGN IN” to enter your registration details and get an account with us for record-keeping and then, click on “PROCEED TO CHECKOUT” at the bottom of the page.
- From there, the payment sections will show, follow the guided payment process and your order will be available for our writing team to work on it.