NO PLAGIARISMGLORIOUS ACHIEVEMENTS: WALLS, WORKERS, AND WONDERSA ruler makes use of the majority and neglects the minority, and so he does not devote himself to virtue but to law” (Han Feizi)Contrast:”Every good leader I know has a generosity gene… When you become a leader, success is all about growing others.” Jack WelchUse the chapters assigned for this week and the EXPLORE items below as the basis of your own contributions. China’s Great WallChina had a long tradition of wall building, but it reach its ancient peak under Emperor Shihuangdi. He conscripted labor from most families of China, and stories abound about many being worked to death and buried within the wall they were constructing. But, the wall was finished. Later generations would add to it, reconstruct it, etc. (The later Ming Dynasty would establish its grandest phase.) This same emperor, Shihuangdi, had a major tomb complex built for himself, part of which is the famous Terra Cotta Warriors. One ruler and he was credited with two true marvels of the ancient world.Discuss key features of the Great Wall of China and compare it to some later wall of our day (not all walls are physical by the way) in function and purpose. What are the pros and cons of such a wall? While it is a stunning, major achievement, how should we judge the methods that went into it? Identify lessons that can be learned for project management in the current work environment. EXPLOREChapter 7 (pp. 216-218, 225), early phases; (pp. 617; map on p. 619) later phaseExplore wall interactively at http://www.panoramas.dk/7-wonders/great-wall.htmlVideo at http://www.discovery.com/tv-shows/other-shows/videos/discovery-atlas-china-revealed-the-great-wall.htmUNESCO article at http://whc.unesco.org/en/list/438The Wall and the Woman who brought it down: Meng Jiangnu’s bitter weeping. (n.d.). TravelChinaGuide.com. Retrieved from http://www.travelchinaguide.com/china_great_wall/culture/mengjiangnu.htmand Miller, B. K. (n.d.). The first emperor of Qin: Between legend, science, and nationalism. Paper for Cotsen Institute of Archaeology, UCLA. Retrieved from http://web.stanford.edu/dept/archaeology/journal/newdraft/miller/paper.pdf
Why Choose Us
- 100% non-plagiarized Papers
- 24/7 /365 Service Available
- Affordable Prices
- Any Paper, Urgency, and Subject
- Will complete your papers in 6 hours
- On-time Delivery
- Money-back and Privacy guarantees
- Unlimited Amendments upon request
- Satisfaction guarantee
How it Works
- Click on the “Place Order” tab at the top menu or “Order Now” icon at the bottom and a new page will appear with an order form to be filled.
- Fill in your paper’s requirements in the "PAPER DETAILS" section.
- Fill in your paper’s academic level, deadline, and the required number of pages from the drop-down menus.
- Click “CREATE ACCOUNT & SIGN IN” to enter your registration details and get an account with us for record-keeping and then, click on “PROCEED TO CHECKOUT” at the bottom of the page.
- From there, the payment sections will show, follow the guided payment process and your order will be available for our writing team to work on it.