Resources: Group Influence Assignment Read Group Influence Portfolio Assignment located on the student Web site and complete assignment as directed.
University of Phoenix Material
Influence (this is the instruction that you will need to complete this assignment)
This required Portfolio
assignment due in Week Four will give you experience observing and interacting
with people outside of the classroom. It has been designed to
provide you with the opportunity to develop skills, synthesize knowledge, and
integrate learning in a real world setting. This assignment accomplishes
that goal by challenging you to:
· Observe a group discussing a topic of interest such as a focus group, a
community public assembly, a department meeting at your workplace, or local
· Study how the group members interact and impact one another
· Analyze how the group behaviors and communication patterns influence
· Integrate your findings with evidence-based literature from journal
articles, textbook, and additional scholarly sources
Purpose: To provide you with an
opportunity to experience a group setting and analyze how the presence of
others substantially influences the behaviors of its members through social
Process: You will participate
as a guest at an interest group meeting in your community to gather data for a
qualitative research paper. Once you have located an interest group, contact
stakeholders and explain the purpose of your inquiry. After you receive
permission to participate, you will schedule a date to attend the meeting; at
which time you will observe the members and document the following for your
· How were the people arranged in the physical environment (layout of room
and seating arrangement)?
· What is the composition of the group, in terms of
number of people, ages, sex, ethnicity, etc.?
What are the group purpose, mission, and goals?
What is the duration
of the group (short, long-term)? Explain.
Did the group structure
its discussion around an agenda, program, rules of order, etc.?
structure of the group. How is the group organized?
Who are the primary
facilitators of the group?
What subject or issues did the group
members examine during the meeting?
What types of information did members
exchange in their group?
What were the group’s
norms, roles, status hierarchy, or communication patterns?
patterns illustrated if the group was unified or fragmented? Explain.
Did the members share
a sense of identity with one another (characteristics of the
group-similarities, interests, philosophy, etc.)?
Was there any
indication that members might be vulnerable to Groupthink? Why or why not?
In your opinion, how did the collective group
behaviors influence individual attitudes and the group’s effectiveness? Provide
your overall analysis.
Write a 1,200- to 1,500-word paper incorporating
your analysis with evidence to substantiate your conclusion. Explain how your observations relate to research
studies on norm formation, group norms, conformity, and/or social influence. Integrate your findings with literature from the
textbook, peer-reviewed journal articles, and additional scholarly sources.
Format your paper consistent with APA guidelines.
Why Choose Us
- 100% non-plagiarized Papers
- 24/7 /365 Service Available
- Affordable Prices
- Any Paper, Urgency, and Subject
- Will complete your papers in 6 hours
- On-time Delivery
- Money-back and Privacy guarantees
- Unlimited Amendments upon request
- Satisfaction guarantee
How it Works
- Click on the “Place Order” tab at the top menu or “Order Now” icon at the bottom and a new page will appear with an order form to be filled.
- Fill in your paper’s requirements in the "PAPER DETAILS" section.
- Fill in your paper’s academic level, deadline, and the required number of pages from the drop-down menus.
- Click “CREATE ACCOUNT & SIGN IN” to enter your registration details and get an account with us for record-keeping and then, click on “PROCEED TO CHECKOUT” at the bottom of the page.
- From there, the payment sections will show, follow the guided payment process and your order will be available for our writing team to work on it.