Answer the Discussion Board board questions in paragraph form and reply to at least 1 classmate.
Joan Leikvold was hired by Valley View Community Hospital as an operating room supervisor in 1972. She did not have a contract for a specific duration, nor was she told that the hospital would not discharge her except for cause. She was provided with a policy manual and told that the policies were to be followed in her employment relationship with the hospital. In 1978, she became the director of nursing. In October 1979, she requested a transfer back to her former position in the operating room. The chief executive officer (CEO) felt that it was inadvisable for someone who had been in a managerial position to take a subordinate position. Leikvold withdrew the transfer request but was subsequently fired. Her personnel record indicated “insubordination” as the reason for discharge. Leikvold was an at-will employee. At-will means that there is a contract made for an indefinite duration and either party, employer or employee, may terminate the contract at any time for any reason, or without reason, provided the reason is not discriminatory. Can the CEO fire Leikvold?
1 reply in depth to a fellow classmate on the topics they select. (2 total posts per week) post 1 is worth 80points, peer reply is worth 20 points.
1) Your response should be in depth (3-4 paragraphs for the initial post and 2-3 paragraphs for follow up) to fully develop your answer. Defend your position with concrete examples from the weekly content and real-life cases, if applicable.
2) APA citation is required.
Why Choose Us
- 100% non-plagiarized Papers
- 24/7 /365 Service Available
- Affordable Prices
- Any Paper, Urgency, and Subject
- Will complete your papers in 6 hours
- On-time Delivery
- Money-back and Privacy guarantees
- Unlimited Amendments upon request
- Satisfaction guarantee
How it Works
- Click on the “Place Order” tab at the top menu or “Order Now” icon at the bottom and a new page will appear with an order form to be filled.
- Fill in your paper’s requirements in the "PAPER DETAILS" section.
- Fill in your paper’s academic level, deadline, and the required number of pages from the drop-down menus.
- Click “CREATE ACCOUNT & SIGN IN” to enter your registration details and get an account with us for record-keeping and then, click on “PROCEED TO CHECKOUT” at the bottom of the page.
- From there, the payment sections will show, follow the guided payment process and your order will be available for our writing team to work on it.