Required ReadingCase Assignment ReadingSowards, S. W. (2015, March 08). Lecture No. 11: Macedonia and the failure of Ottoman reforms.Twenty-Five Lectures on Modern Balkan History: http://staff.lib.msu.edu/sowards/balkan/lect11.htmGoodwin, K. (2006). The Tanzimat Reforms and the Problem of Political Authority in the Ottoman Empire: 1839–1876. Rhode Island College. Honors Project.Assignment OverviewBy the early 18th century, the Ottoman Empire, which ruled the Middle East, was in decline. Weak rulers left the way open for power struggles between officials, religious experts, and Janissaries (Guards). Provincial administrators and landholders colluded to drain revenue from the central treasury. The general economy suffered from competition with the West as imported goods ruined local industry. European rivals took advantage of Ottoman weakness. The Austrian Habsburgs pushed the Ottomans from Hungary and the northern Balkans. The strengthened Russian state expanded into the Caucasus and Crimea. The subject Christian peoples of the Balkans challenged their rulers: the Greeks won independence in 1830, Serbia in 1867. By the 1870s, the Ottomans had lost nearly all of the Balkans, and their capital was often threatened by Balkan or Russian armies.Faced with difficult challenges and the disintegration of the Ottoman Empire, Sultan Mahmud II initiated a set of reforms. Mahmud’s successors followed with the Tanzimat, or “reorganization,” a sweeping set of reforms designed to modernize the Ottoman Empire.Case AssignmentIn this Case Study, we will look at the Tanzimat Reforms and their effectiveness.Read the information in the background material, look for more information, and then write a 3- to 5-page paper answering the following question:What were the Tanzimat Reforms and were they effective in allowing the Middle East to catch up to the West?Assignment ExpectationsIn the Module 4 Case Assignment, you are expected to:Describe the purpose of the paper and conclusion.Answer the Case Assignment questions clearly and provide necessary details.Provide a quality argument; that is, use good sentence structure, and avoid run-on sentences and spelling and grammar errors.THE PAPER MUST ALSO INCLUDE 2-3 INTEXT CITATIONS, AND A REFERENCE PAGE WITH LINKS FROM THE INTERNET
Why Choose Us
- 100% non-plagiarized Papers
- 24/7 /365 Service Available
- Affordable Prices
- Any Paper, Urgency, and Subject
- Will complete your papers in 6 hours
- On-time Delivery
- Money-back and Privacy guarantees
- Unlimited Amendments upon request
- Satisfaction guarantee
How it Works
- Click on the “Place Order” tab at the top menu or “Order Now” icon at the bottom and a new page will appear with an order form to be filled.
- Fill in your paper’s requirements in the "PAPER DETAILS" section.
- Fill in your paper’s academic level, deadline, and the required number of pages from the drop-down menus.
- Click “CREATE ACCOUNT & SIGN IN” to enter your registration details and get an account with us for record-keeping and then, click on “PROCEED TO CHECKOUT” at the bottom of the page.
- From there, the payment sections will show, follow the guided payment process and your order will be available for our writing team to work on it.