For Henryprofessor:Hello. This assignment is a 2 to 3 page essay on mental disorders.Assignment 3: Challenges in Identifying Mental Disorders
Most mental disorders lie on a continuum with “normal” behavior at one end. For example, nearly
everyone has a fear of something, but it does not rise to the level of a phobia. A behavior may seem
abnormal in one context but completely normal in another context. These two aspects show why it can be
challenging to properly identify mental disorders.
Using your textbook and the Argosy University online library resources, research the principles and
methods of identifying mental disorders. Note particularly the diversity of views and the challenges of
identification. Based on your research, write a reflective essay. Use the following question to direct your
thoughts and organize your essay:
Why is determining abnormal behavior or a mental disorder so difficult?
To develop your essay, keep in mind issues such as the role of social norms in defining the abnormal, the
multiplicity of indicators of what is abnormal, the stigma suffered by those identified as abnormal, and
finally the need for objectivity in dealing with the concept.
Write a 2–3-page essay in Word format. Apply APA standards to citation of sources. Use the following file
naming convention: LastnameFirstInitial_M1_A3.doc. For example, if your name is John Smith, your
document will be named SmithJ_M1_A3.doc.
By Wednesday, July 20, 2016, deliver your assignment to the M1: Assignment 3 Dropbox.
Assignment 3 Grading Criteria
Identified and analyzed theoretical and practical challenges in
defining what is abnormal.
Identified and analyzed the consequences of identifying a behavior
or person as abnormal.
Organized ideas in a logical structure and supported statements
with reasons and research information.
Wrote in a clear, concise, and organized manner; demonstrated
ethical scholarship in accurate representation and attribution of
sources; displayed accurate spelling, grammar, and punctuation.
Purchase answer to see full
Why Choose Us
- 100% non-plagiarized Papers
- 24/7 /365 Service Available
- Affordable Prices
- Any Paper, Urgency, and Subject
- Will complete your papers in 6 hours
- On-time Delivery
- Money-back and Privacy guarantees
- Unlimited Amendments upon request
- Satisfaction guarantee
How it Works
- Click on the “Place Order” tab at the top menu or “Order Now” icon at the bottom and a new page will appear with an order form to be filled.
- Fill in your paper’s requirements in the "PAPER DETAILS" section.
- Fill in your paper’s academic level, deadline, and the required number of pages from the drop-down menus.
- Click “CREATE ACCOUNT & SIGN IN” to enter your registration details and get an account with us for record-keeping and then, click on “PROCEED TO CHECKOUT” at the bottom of the page.
- From there, the payment sections will show, follow the guided payment process and your order will be available for our writing team to work on it.