N 49 5% | 11:38 PM
ENGL 101-W02…6_-1589660627 – Read-only
READ ONLY – To make changes, save a C…
say Five: Research Paper
After completing this assignment, students should be able to
Use evidence from sources to support an argument.
Decide how/when to quote, paraphrase, and/or summarize source materials.
Integrate source materials smoothly into an essay.
Document sources using MLA-style in-text citations and works cited page.
Write an essay in which you discuss the steps that parents/families and/or schools can take to
prevent and/or solve the problem of childhood obesity.
The following chapters in The Concise St. Martin’s Guide to Writing provide information about
integrating and documenting information from sources.
Chapter 18, “Using Sources to Support Your Ideas,” pages
Chapter 19, “Citing and Documenting Sources in MLA Style,” pages 438-65
must have a title.
Support your points using evidence from the articles posted in the packet.
Your paper should include a minimum of five citations to at least two of the articles.
You may also use personal experience and your own knowledge to support your points, but
avoid using first person unless absolutely necessary.
Use a variety of rhetorical strategies as appropriate (narration, description, process,
examples, definition, analysis, classification, comparison and contrast, analogy, cause-and-
Use an appropriate level of formality, and use a reasonable tone.
paper should be a synthesis of information from the sources and your own inferences,
comments, and conclusions. You should not be overly reliant on any one source, nor should
your paper be a patchwork of information from the sources.
Sources must be documented using MLA-style parenthetical references and works cited
page. Your works cited
should include only those sources that you actually cite in your
The essay must be at least 600 words and at least four paragraphs in length.
Your final draft should be carefully edited to correct errors in grammar, punctuation,
spelling, and usage.
Use standard academic formatting for your final draft. See the example on pages 409-11 in
Rules for Writers.
Post the rough and final drafts in Canvas.
Each time you save your paper, name the file with your first name, your last name, the
assignment name, and indicate what draft it is. For example, YourNameEssayOneFinalDraft.
Purchase answer to see full
Why Choose Us
- 100% non-plagiarized Papers
- 24/7 /365 Service Available
- Affordable Prices
- Any Paper, Urgency, and Subject
- Will complete your papers in 6 hours
- On-time Delivery
- Money-back and Privacy guarantees
- Unlimited Amendments upon request
- Satisfaction guarantee
How it Works
- Click on the “Place Order” tab at the top menu or “Order Now” icon at the bottom and a new page will appear with an order form to be filled.
- Fill in your paper’s requirements in the "PAPER DETAILS" section.
- Fill in your paper’s academic level, deadline, and the required number of pages from the drop-down menus.
- Click “CREATE ACCOUNT & SIGN IN” to enter your registration details and get an account with us for record-keeping and then, click on “PROCEED TO CHECKOUT” at the bottom of the page.
- From there, the payment sections will show, follow the guided payment process and your order will be available for our writing team to work on it.