For your Dropbox
assignment, a primary care physician is often reimbursed by Health
Maintenance Organizations (HMOs) via capitation, fee-for-service,
relative value scale, or salary. Capitation is considered as a risk
In an effort to understand the intricacies
involved with physician reimbursement, particularly in an era of health
care reform, identify and interview an expert in the field, such as:
Hospital Administrator Managed Care Organization (MCO) executive Health care Consultant Legal Professional
Assumption: MCOs use risk-based reimbursement for primary care physicians.
Ask the following questions in the interview:
What kind of risk do the MCOs assess? Does risk-based compensation limit the freedom of primary care physicians in any way in terms of patient care? Why or why not? How does the capitation model of reimbursement work? Do physicians generally prefer one model over the other? Why or why not? Why do HMOs prefer the prepaid, monthly premium? Is pay-for-performance a better model than existing models of compensation? Are there limitations to it as well?
Feel free to add additional follow-up questions for depth and clarification as you see fit.
Create a 4- to 5-page report in Microsoft
Word document, analyzing the responses provided (which should be
included as part of the report) using the evidence from the literature
to help support or refute the responses provided.
Support your responses with examples.
Cite any sources in APA format.
Name your document SU_HCM4025_W5_A2_LastName_FirstInitial.doc.
Submit your document to the W5 Assignment 2 Dropbox by Tuesday, August 2, 2016.
Why Choose Us
- 100% non-plagiarized Papers
- 24/7 /365 Service Available
- Affordable Prices
- Any Paper, Urgency, and Subject
- Will complete your papers in 6 hours
- On-time Delivery
- Money-back and Privacy guarantees
- Unlimited Amendments upon request
- Satisfaction guarantee
How it Works
- Click on the “Place Order” tab at the top menu or “Order Now” icon at the bottom and a new page will appear with an order form to be filled.
- Fill in your paper’s requirements in the "PAPER DETAILS" section.
- Fill in your paper’s academic level, deadline, and the required number of pages from the drop-down menus.
- Click “CREATE ACCOUNT & SIGN IN” to enter your registration details and get an account with us for record-keeping and then, click on “PROCEED TO CHECKOUT” at the bottom of the page.
- From there, the payment sections will show, follow the guided payment process and your order will be available for our writing team to work on it.