Make sure you use GPA guidelines, proper grammar and a minimum of 200 words for each question and each question must be number. Use references1. In a narrative format, summarize the key facts and issues of the case.2. Update the information in the case by researching it on the internet. Focus your response on the specific issues in the case.3. Consider the impact of the Sandusky scandal on Penn State. What organizational functions (management, marketing, human resources, etc.) were affected by the crisis? How were they affected?4. Who are the internal and external stakeholders? How were the stakeholders affected?5.Imagine you are a crisis management consultant called in to advise Penn State’s Board of Trustees after the scandal began. What steps would you recommend to contain the damage to long-term the university’s overall image and reputation? What factors should you consider and why? Please explain your reasoning regarding your recommendation.FOR THE USE OF SAVANT LEARNING STUDENTS AND FACULTY ONLY.
NOT FOR DISTRIBUTION, SALE, OR REPRINTING.
ANY AND ALL UNAUTHORIZED USE IS STRICTLY PROHIBITED.
Copyright © 2014 by SAGE Publications, Inc.
CRISIS MANAGEMENT IN THE NEW STRATEGY LANDSCAPE
Were there any events occurring in your organization that might have
contributed to the formation of this crisis?
• What events outside of your organization contributed to the crisis?
· Strategic management
Did your organization have any plans in place to address this type of
What industry controls or government regulations were designed to
prevent this type of crisis?
How well did your organization respond to the crisis?
Were any outside, agencies or stakeholders involved in helping your
organization manage the crisis?
What lessons did your organization learn from experiencing this crisis?
• Were there any changes in your industry or within government regula-
tions that took place after this crisis occurred?
As a class, determine the following:
1. What events could happen to the class that would constitute a crisis? Write
these on the board and then seek a consensus as a class on the top five crisis
events. Focus on these as you proceed to the next step.
2. What crisis plans are available that could address each of these five poten-
tial crises? Distinguish between resources that are available inside the class-
room and those that exist outside of the classroom.
Mini-Case: Scandal at Penn State
For years, assistant Penn State football coach Jerry Sandusky had appeared to be a
model citizen in the community. He was a respected football coach under the leg-
endary Joe Paterno and was the founder of The Second Mile, a charitable organiza-
tion to help disadvantaged youth. He was also a serial child rapist.
Of course, many people would think that it was unfortunate that no one was
aware of this his dark behavior. Perhaps if someone knew and contacted the author-
ities, Sandusky could have been caught and stopped. In fact, people knew about
Jerry Sandusky, and some of them were in high places at Penn State University. An
internal investigation of the incident summarizes the findings:
Purchase answer to see full
Why Choose Us
- 100% non-plagiarized Papers
- 24/7 /365 Service Available
- Affordable Prices
- Any Paper, Urgency, and Subject
- Will complete your papers in 6 hours
- On-time Delivery
- Money-back and Privacy guarantees
- Unlimited Amendments upon request
- Satisfaction guarantee
How it Works
- Click on the “Place Order” tab at the top menu or “Order Now” icon at the bottom and a new page will appear with an order form to be filled.
- Fill in your paper’s requirements in the "PAPER DETAILS" section.
- Fill in your paper’s academic level, deadline, and the required number of pages from the drop-down menus.
- Click “CREATE ACCOUNT & SIGN IN” to enter your registration details and get an account with us for record-keeping and then, click on “PROCEED TO CHECKOUT” at the bottom of the page.
- From there, the payment sections will show, follow the guided payment process and your order will be available for our writing team to work on it.