Help10. Suppose the thickness of an oil film on water is just the right thickness for canceling red light. What
color will your eye see? Explain using 3 – 4 complete sentences.
11. A hard-rubber or plastic comb rubbed against wool can often be shown to have a static charge. Why
does a metal comb not readily show a static charge when rubbed against wool? Use 3 – 4 complete
sentences in your answer.
12. Two electrically-charges spheres are suspended from insulated threads a certain distance from each
other. There is a certain amount of electrostatic force between them. Describe specifically (not
just increase or decrease) what happens to this force in each of the scenarios below (1 pt. ea.):
a. The charge on one sphere is reduced by half
b. The charge on both spheres is doubled
c. The distance between the spheres is increased by a factor of three
d. The distance between the sphere is decreased to one-fourth
e. The charge of each sphere is doubled and the distance between them is doubled
13. An ammeter indicates the current for a toaster is 5.0 amps when the toaster is connected to 120-V
circuit. How much energy is given off by the toaster in 55.0seconds? Show all calculations leading to an
15. Using 3 – 4 sentences, explain, in your own words, two ways you could cause an electrical current
using only a wire and a horseshoe magnet.
16. Using 3 – 4 complete sentences, explain the role of both types of transformers in getting electric
energy from an electric power plant (coal-fired, natural gas or nuclear) to our homes.
17. In what way does the photoelectric effect support the particle theory of light? Use 3 – 4 complete
sentences in your own words to explain.
18. The isotope, Carbon-14 emits beta radiation and has a half live of 5730 years. How long will it take
for the amount of radiation this gives off to drop by a factor of 4?
19. The total U.S. consumption of electricity in a particular year was 5.0 x 1012 kilowatt-hours. What is the
mass equivalence of this amount of energy? Show all calculations leading to an answer.
20. When uranium-238 emits an alpha particle, what isotope is created? Show the nuclear equation for
Purchase answer to see full
Why Choose Us
- 100% non-plagiarized Papers
- 24/7 /365 Service Available
- Affordable Prices
- Any Paper, Urgency, and Subject
- Will complete your papers in 6 hours
- On-time Delivery
- Money-back and Privacy guarantees
- Unlimited Amendments upon request
- Satisfaction guarantee
How it Works
- Click on the “Place Order” tab at the top menu or “Order Now” icon at the bottom and a new page will appear with an order form to be filled.
- Fill in your paper’s requirements in the "PAPER DETAILS" section.
- Fill in your paper’s academic level, deadline, and the required number of pages from the drop-down menus.
- Click “CREATE ACCOUNT & SIGN IN” to enter your registration details and get an account with us for record-keeping and then, click on “PROCEED TO CHECKOUT” at the bottom of the page.
- From there, the payment sections will show, follow the guided payment process and your order will be available for our writing team to work on it.