Survival AnalysisReflect on the weekly introduction about survival analysis. If you recall, survival analysis examines probability of survival. This is a useful type of longitudinal analysis. Longitudinal analysis evaluates data collected over a period of time through longitudinal studies. Survival analysis techniques allow for the inclusion of time until an event occurs as an essential variable in the relationship of risk and outcome. In public health, use of survival analysis is critical to the study of risks, interventions, treatments, and outcomes.For this Discussion, you focus on one type of survival analysis: the Kaplan-Meier method. You review the article “Statistical Hypothesis Testing: Associating Patient Characteristics With an Incident Condition: Kaplan-Meier Curves, Hazard Ratios, and Cox Proportional Hazards Regression.” Locate an additional peer-reviewed journal article related to public health that uses the Kaplan-Meier method to compare health outcomes across exposures or risks.With these thoughts in mind:Post summary of the journal article you have chosen. Then explain two advantages and two disadvantages of using the Kaplan-Meier method for that study. Finally, explain whether or not the authors’ conclusions are supported by their analysis. Suggest one alternative survival analysis that could be used for the study. Justify your response using the Learning Resources.Telke, S. E., & Eberly, L. E. (2011). Statistical hypothesis testing: Associating patient characteristics with an incident condition: Kaplan-Meier curves, hazard ratios, and Cox proportional hazards regression. Journal of Wound, Ostomy, and Continence Nursing, 38(6), 621–626. Retrieved from the Walden Library databases.Penn, L., White, M., Oldroyd, J., Walker, M., Alberti, K., & Mathers, J. C. (2009). Prevention of type 2 diabetes in adults with impaired glucose tolerance: The European Diabetes Prevention RCT in Newcastle upon Tyne, UK. BMC Public Health, 9(1), 9342–9355. Retrieved from the Walden Library databases.
Why Choose Us
- 100% non-plagiarized Papers
- 24/7 /365 Service Available
- Affordable Prices
- Any Paper, Urgency, and Subject
- Will complete your papers in 6 hours
- On-time Delivery
- Money-back and Privacy guarantees
- Unlimited Amendments upon request
- Satisfaction guarantee
How it Works
- Click on the “Place Order” tab at the top menu or “Order Now” icon at the bottom and a new page will appear with an order form to be filled.
- Fill in your paper’s requirements in the "PAPER DETAILS" section.
- Fill in your paper’s academic level, deadline, and the required number of pages from the drop-down menus.
- Click “CREATE ACCOUNT & SIGN IN” to enter your registration details and get an account with us for record-keeping and then, click on “PROCEED TO CHECKOUT” at the bottom of the page.
- From there, the payment sections will show, follow the guided payment process and your order will be available for our writing team to work on it.