In Chapter 1 of Technical Communication Today, we are immediately struck with the importance of developing a workplace writing process. The textbook outlines 5 stages (Planning and Researching, Organizing and Drafting, Improving Style, Designing, and Revising and Editing). “While writing a document or presentation,” the book states, “you will need to move back and forth among these stages” (3). This activity is designed to have you reflect on your own writing process. Doing so, will allow you to better understand the ways in which you approach a writing task and help you consider, with strategies from the textbook, how you might refine your process for the workplace. First, take a few moments to reflect on your own writing processes. Consider the following questions to help jump start your thinking:Where do you write (coffee shop, office, library, etc.)?What conditions do you prefer (quiet, listening to music, TV in background, etc.)?What do you write with (computer/laptop, tablet, paper/pen, quill/parchment, etc.)?What invention (brainstorming) activities do you use (free write, mind map, list, outline, etc.)?Then, reflect on the ways you compose documents. Do you start with the intro and work all the way through to the end, rewriting and revising when complete in a linear fashion? Or perhaps, you bounce around writing, (re)organizing, and editing along the way, in a more recursive style.After you have finished reading Chapter 1 and reflecting on your own writing process: (1) create an image (using MS Word, PowerPoint, crayons/markers, or by some other method/material with which you feel comfortable) that best illustrates your writing process, and (2) compose a 100- to 200-word document that explains your image, discusses your writing process reflection, and makes connections to Chapter 1 (pull in quotes and/or examples when appropriate). In this document, also consider how your current writing process might shift or evolve as you develop workplace writing processes. Upload your image as a PDF orJPG and your document as a PDF by 11:59 p.m. Sunday, July 3, 2016
Why Choose Us
- 100% non-plagiarized Papers
- 24/7 /365 Service Available
- Affordable Prices
- Any Paper, Urgency, and Subject
- Will complete your papers in 6 hours
- On-time Delivery
- Money-back and Privacy guarantees
- Unlimited Amendments upon request
- Satisfaction guarantee
How it Works
- Click on the “Place Order” tab at the top menu or “Order Now” icon at the bottom and a new page will appear with an order form to be filled.
- Fill in your paper’s requirements in the "PAPER DETAILS" section.
- Fill in your paper’s academic level, deadline, and the required number of pages from the drop-down menus.
- Click “CREATE ACCOUNT & SIGN IN” to enter your registration details and get an account with us for record-keeping and then, click on “PROCEED TO CHECKOUT” at the bottom of the page.
- From there, the payment sections will show, follow the guided payment process and your order will be available for our writing team to work on it.