preparation for this assignment, please view the Jurisville scenarios
and resulting simulations from Weeks 5 through 7 in Unit 2: Courts.
the scenarios and resulting simulations, Tim Smith, senior criminal
lawyer, discusses select cases and asks a paralegal to indicate which
courts would have exclusive jurisdiction of the cases in question. He
also discusses various pretrial procedures and illustrates them with
select cases. Finally, Tim Smith introduces the case of Roland Gary, who
served twenty-three (23) years in prison for a crime that he did not
commit. The case brought to light several key issues, along with the
manner in which they were resolved.
Use the Internet to research three real-life cases from the past five (5) years that fit the following criteria:
Cases that depict the unique processes related to different courtsThe defendant accepted a plea bargain as an alternative to trialThe defendant was wrongly accused and later vindicatedWrite a three to four (3-4) page paper in which you:
one (1) real-life criminal case, taken from current events, and
identify the court that took jurisdiction. Explain why the court that
took the case was the appropriate one for the particular circumstances.Discuss
the real-life case that you have selected, in which the defendant
accepted a plea bargain as an alternative to trial. Give your opinion on
whether or not justice was served in the case in question. Provide a
rationale for the response.Discuss
the real-life case that you selected, in which, like Roland Gary, the
defendant was wrongly accused and later vindicated. Explore one (1) key
aspect of the case and examine its relation to the case at large.
Describe the resolution to the selected case.Use at least three (3) quality resources in this assignment. Note: Wikipedia and similar Websites do not qualify as quality resources.Your assignment must follow these formatting requirements:
typed, double spaced, using Times New Roman font (size 12), with
one-inch margins on all sides; citations and references must follow APA
or school-specific format. Check with your professor for any additional
a cover page containing the title of the assignment, the student’s
name, the professor’s name, the course title, and the date. The cover
page and the reference page are not included in the required assignment
page length.The specific course learning outcomes associated with this assignment are:
Summarize the current ethical issues faced by criminal justice professionals and future of the criminal justice system.Explain the development of American courts and illustrate the concept of the dual-court system.Distinguish between the various courtroom participants, and describe the stages in a criminal trial.Use technology and information resources to research issues in criminal justice.Write clearly and concisely about criminal justice using proper writing mechanics and APA style conventions.Grading
for this assignment will be based on answer quality, logic /
organization of the paper, and language and writing skills, using the
Click here to view the grading rubric.
Why Choose Us
- 100% non-plagiarized Papers
- 24/7 /365 Service Available
- Affordable Prices
- Any Paper, Urgency, and Subject
- Will complete your papers in 6 hours
- On-time Delivery
- Money-back and Privacy guarantees
- Unlimited Amendments upon request
- Satisfaction guarantee
How it Works
- Click on the “Place Order” tab at the top menu or “Order Now” icon at the bottom and a new page will appear with an order form to be filled.
- Fill in your paper’s requirements in the "PAPER DETAILS" section.
- Fill in your paper’s academic level, deadline, and the required number of pages from the drop-down menus.
- Click “CREATE ACCOUNT & SIGN IN” to enter your registration details and get an account with us for record-keeping and then, click on “PROCEED TO CHECKOUT” at the bottom of the page.
- From there, the payment sections will show, follow the guided payment process and your order will be available for our writing team to work on it.