We are talking about modern work and a bit about abstract expressionism in this week’s lesson. I want to bring in one of my favorite artists to this discussion since he is a leader in these groups: Cy Twombly. A friend of mine went to The Menil in Houston to see the Cy Twombly gallery a few summers ago. It was much like a pilgrimage for her. A bit about Twombly. It can take awhile to come to terms with his work. I want to encourage you to look at all the links closely. Try to spend some time just looking at the work suspending judgment if you can. Try to just be with one or two of the pieces for a little while. Then come back and post some ideas about Cy Twombly and Abstract Expressionism. How does it differ from Minimalism? You may or may not like elements of this and other works we’re studying. Remember to avoid blanket statements like “I just don’t get it.” Try to give reasons and think about the context of the work as well. Credit will not be given for statements that do omit key terms, formal analysis skills or present a reasoned point about the work. How would your analysis sound as a discussion of a novel or play? Would you write that a novel wasn’t your “cup of tea?” Unlikely. By now you should have some terms and analytical skills to apply to the work in question. You should also consider the size of the work, medium and date.Here are a few links on Twombly:Tate CollectionTatehttp://www.tate.org.uk/learning/learnonline/modernpaints/twombly.htmCy Twombly Gallery at the MenilVisit the following links to learn more about Abstract Expressionism:www.metmuseum.org/toah/hd/abex/hd_abex.htmwww.ibiblio.org/wm/paint/tl/20th/abs-expr.htmlHere is a general overview of Modern art as a timeline (not comprehensive)www.artyfactory.com/art_appreciation/timelines/modern_art_timeline.htmAnd a few other notable Abstract Expressionist painters:http://www.moma.org/collection/artists/1974http://www.moma.org/collection/artists/3240http://joanmitchellfoundation.org/work/artwork/cat/paintingsThere are two parts each part needs to be no longer then 10~12 sentencesI can post students work as an example if needed .
Why Choose Us
- 100% non-plagiarized Papers
- 24/7 /365 Service Available
- Affordable Prices
- Any Paper, Urgency, and Subject
- Will complete your papers in 6 hours
- On-time Delivery
- Money-back and Privacy guarantees
- Unlimited Amendments upon request
- Satisfaction guarantee
How it Works
- Click on the “Place Order” tab at the top menu or “Order Now” icon at the bottom and a new page will appear with an order form to be filled.
- Fill in your paper’s requirements in the "PAPER DETAILS" section.
- Fill in your paper’s academic level, deadline, and the required number of pages from the drop-down menus.
- Click “CREATE ACCOUNT & SIGN IN” to enter your registration details and get an account with us for record-keeping and then, click on “PROCEED TO CHECKOUT” at the bottom of the page.
- From there, the payment sections will show, follow the guided payment process and your order will be available for our writing team to work on it.