Prior to beginning your initial post, read the poems “We Real Cool” and “My Papa’s Waltz” in your textbook. You are also required to listen to “We Real Cool” (http://www.poets.org/poetsorg/poem/we-real-cool) and “My Papa’s Waltz” (http://www.poetryarchive.org/poem/my-papas-waltz) before completing this discussion. These clips demonstrate the importance of performance, rhythm, and musicality in the poetic form.Poetry is a literary form that can offer readers a different experience based on whether the poem is read silently, read aloud, or simply listened to when read by someone else. For example, you might hear a certain rhythm or change of pace that you might not catch when simply reading the poem silently to yourself. For this week’s discussion, you read and listened to poetry. If you didn’t the first time, read and listen with careful eyes and ears so you can respond thoughtfully to the two parts of the discussion this week.Part One – Answer the following questions about one of the poems based on your reading of them:What is the theme of the poem? How do you know this is the theme?What poetic devices (e.g., rhythm, figurative language, etc.) are used in the poem? Offer at least two examples.How do these poetic devices contribute to the development of the poem’s message?Support your ideas with textual details and analyses.Part Two – Describe your listening experience of the same poem you wrote about above. If you are unable to listen to these poems due to an auditory impairment, please reach out to your instructor for an alternative prompt for this discussion. Respond to at least two of the following questions:How did hearing the poem recited aloud compare to a silent reading of it?Did the performance highlight certain words or phrases that were not as apparent in a silent reading?Did the pace change and, if so, how did it change your understanding of the poem?Did words have different connotations and, if so, what kind(s) of connotation did you associate with the poem?Do you think reading poetry aloud is a worthwhile endeavor when analyzing it? Why, or why not?Discussion should be more than 200 words.
Why Choose Us
- 100% non-plagiarized Papers
- 24/7 /365 Service Available
- Affordable Prices
- Any Paper, Urgency, and Subject
- Will complete your papers in 6 hours
- On-time Delivery
- Money-back and Privacy guarantees
- Unlimited Amendments upon request
- Satisfaction guarantee
How it Works
- Click on the “Place Order” tab at the top menu or “Order Now” icon at the bottom and a new page will appear with an order form to be filled.
- Fill in your paper’s requirements in the "PAPER DETAILS" section.
- Fill in your paper’s academic level, deadline, and the required number of pages from the drop-down menus.
- Click “CREATE ACCOUNT & SIGN IN” to enter your registration details and get an account with us for record-keeping and then, click on “PROCEED TO CHECKOUT” at the bottom of the page.
- From there, the payment sections will show, follow the guided payment process and your order will be available for our writing team to work on it.